Tuesday 7 April 2009

My Favorite Movie Dialogues

The following are some of my favorite dialogues and will update them whenever I like more. I have tried to provide the English translation as well but not sure how successful I am in carrying out the feel in those sentences. Your suggestions and comments are welcome.

Athadu (Telugu)

The dialogues in the movie were by Trivikram Srinivas, a famous Telugu dialogue writer known for his punch dialogues. He isthe director of this movie as well.

The dialogue is in climax of the movie. The situation is that the hero's best friend betrays him and finally becomes the villain. The hero comes to know that his friend betrayed him in the climax and fights with him.

"Manalni champalanukunaevallani champatam yuddham" (Killing those who want to kill you is war)

"Manalni kavalani anukuvallani champatam mosam" (Killing those who are your friends is betrayal)

"Manalni mosam chesinavallani champtam nyayam" (Killing those who betrayed you is justice)

"Nuvvu mosam chesavu…nenu nyayam chesthanu" (You betrayed me..I will do the justice to you)

Manmadhudu (Telugu)

"Devudu chaala durmargudu...kallu unnai ani santhoshinchaelopalae kanneellu unnayani gurthuchesthdu..." (God is merciless...he will make you remember about tears just when you feel happy that you have eyes)

No comments: